I got this idea from a post on pinterest. I thought my kids would be excited to make these. They came out so cute in all their different shapes and sizes.
The sentence starter I gave them was: "Oh no, Santa is stuck in my chimney!" I asked them to come up with three ideas for how to get Santa out. We wrote our three ideas on a graphic organizer and shared them out before beginning our first draft, or sloppy copy. Doing a "status of the class" share out like that is helpful for my kids because they get to see many examples and ideas that they can feed off of. I am so proud of how their writing is improving!

Hi, Andrea:
ReplyDeleteYou've got a really cute site here. I have a question for you:
I write for Marygrove College’s Master in the Art of teaching program.
We’re putting together a new resource for teachers—one to give them a few arts and craft ideas for the holiday season—and we were wondering if you’d mind us featuring a couple of your holiday craft ideas with our readers.
We would, of course, site your blog and link back to it.
Have a great weekend. Keep me posted.